For those who wondered "what are mandalas" ...
Mandalas are drawings concentrically used since ancient times to achieve personal harmony. They are a graphic support to get meditation, both to observe and to draw or built with some artistic technique. They are originally from India but have been found in other cultures such as American Indians (Navajo, Aztec, Inca, etc ...) or the aborigines of Australia. Mandala is a Sanskrit word meaning "circle."
Buddhist monks build sand mandala complicated to commemorate special situations, use weeks to build and when it ends, let the wind undo ... for them the important thing is the action itself and not the result it produces.
Mandalas also have therapeutic applications as they help to balance the two cerebral hemispheres: the "rational" and "creative." Also, on a spiritual level to help us bring meditation to our "rational side."
mandalas I built with fiber and graph paper to my 15 years and did not know why, today, at 51 I am fully aware "of why" and I am happy to have found, always in my heart there was a "healthy control" for balance between my rational self and my spiritual self. Today I'm leaving "rest" a little to my side "rational" left "space" inside me to give free rein to spirituality.
This is a journey that we started with Marta and we came up with "mandalas" with Patchwork.
This summer, my friend from Barcelona, \u200b\u200bMaria del Carmen, on his visit to Cordoba brought me a pair of patchwork books that I ordered and now I'm encouraging to implement and what better way to prove "mandalas"
Well, explained something about mandalas (in next posts I will continue explaining more about them), step to show how we were arming to do in the future will be a quilt ....
AUI show them the central block of the project, the only thing new is sewn, the rest was the provision on the floor of the remaining blocks begin to sew ...
take this opportunity to inform you that soon will be notified about the next Patchwork Seminar will be a Saturday (all day) and give you the basic techniques for beginners and advanced which and attended the first seminar in Carlos Paz.
Those who want to reserve, they may be sending mail ....
0 comments:
Post a Comment